Pool Schedule and Rules
(Including Health Department Regulations)
- The pool opens the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Partial operations will be in effect until School District 203 releases for the summer break. Partial will go back into effect when School District 203 returns to school in the fall. The pool will close for the season Labor Day weekend.
- Pool Hours:
9:00am to 12:30 Baby Pool Only Monday through Friday Noon to 12:30pm Open/Adult Lap Swim* 12:30pm to 6:00pm Open Swim 6:00pm to 7:00pm Open/Adult Lap Swim* 7:00pm to 9:00pm Open Swim Saturdays 11:00am to 12:00pm Adult Swim* 12:00pm to 9:00pm Open Swim Sundays & Holidays 11:00am to 12:00pm Adult Swim* 12:00pm to 9:00pm Open Swim Partial Operations –
Please note weekend times remain the same as normal
4:00pm to 8:00pm Open Swim
*Open/Adult Swim – 2 to 3 lap lanes reserved for adult swim with the diving well closed. The roped off shallow area of the pool is open for all ages, and the baby pool is open for toddlers and their parents. During the 6:00-7:00 time, if no adults are using the pool for lap swim, the manager has the discretion to allow open swim.
* Adult Swim – Swimmers under 18 years of age will not be permitted in the pool. On Saturdays and Sundays no one under 18 is permitted in the facility.
- The pool will be closed one (1) hour prior to swim meets, water polo contests, and other posted special events and will re-open no later than 1 hour after when applicable. Closings will be posted approximatley one (1) week in advance. Please check posted signs or online calendar.
- The pool will be closed for swimming on any day that the air temperature is 65 degrees or below. The temperature will be re-checked at 3:30 p.m. if the temperature is 65 degrees or higher, the pool will be opened for the evening swim. The Pool Manager, at their discretion, may close the pool if the weather conditions make it unsafe for swimming. These conditions would include National Weather Service Thunderstorm Warnings, heavy rain that obscures the bottom of the pool and Tornado Watches or Warning. Please note that on cool or rainy days the pool may close due to low attendance. In these conditions, if attendance is less than 4 people for a period of 1 hour, the facility will close.
- Per State of Illinois Pool Code, the facility will close any time the mechanical systems are not functioning properly.
- The baby pool will be available for parental supervised use during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 pm (Monday through Friday only). Baby pool is not open during swim meets. The baby pool will remain locked during these times if no-one is using it. Please ask the staff to unlock the area if necessary.
HOBSON WEST ASSOCIATION REGULATIONS
- Members and guests are expected to comply with the established association, facility and State of Illinois rules and regulations. These rules have been established to ensure safe and orderly operation of the pool.
- The pool staff is responsible for the enforcement of these rules and regulations. The Pool Manager is authorized to establish rules and take disciplinary actions when and if necessary.
- Employees of the Association should not be interfered with or reprimanded by members of the Association. Complaints or suggestions should be directed to the pool manager in person or at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Board Operations Manager at email@example.com.
- Members and guests use the Club at their own risk. The Association is not responsible for the destruction, theft, loss or damage to the property of any member or guest. This includes any property put into a locker room locker or bicycles parked in the parking lot.
- Members will be responsible for the cost associated with any property of the Club that is intentionally vandalized or damaged by a member or their guest.
- Admission to the facility will be permitted if the member entering is on file and in good standing by paying in full the annual Hobson West Community Association assessment, or as a guest of a member in good standing. All guests must sign in with the staff member at the front, with their member present. Guests will not be allowed to enter if the member is not present. The staff is provided with a list of all members to ensure authorized use of the pool. Staff also periodically checks the tennis courts to ensure patrons are members or authorized guests and have registered at the pool office.
- Members and guests are expected to conduct themselves in a respectable manner. Inappropriate language, disorderly conduct, abusive behavior to staff, or public intoxication will result in immediate removal for the day. Further action may be taken that results in temporary or permanent loss of access to the facility.
- Disregard for Pool Rules will result in verbal warnings and/or temporary removal from activity. Further disregard will result in removal from the facility for the day. Any patrons who are 18 or under will have their parents contacted and made aware of their behavior. All penalties are enforced at the discretion of the pool staff and/or pool manager.
- Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible person (sibling, guardian, sitter), at least 14 years old, at all times.
- All swimmers under the age of 18 will be cleared from the pool for adult swim at the :45 of each hour. Parents are allowed to bring infants in the pool at this time.
- Unlocked lockers will be provided for the general daily use of the members. Members may use their own lock if they so desire.
- Guest Fees are: $4.00 Daily.
- Children under the age of 2 are free. Fees will be collected at the front desk, before entry. Guests must sign guest log along with inviting association member who must remain on the pool property with the guest(s) at all times. No guest(s) will be admitted without association member.
- Guest Fees will be waived for adult children and grandchildren of association members. Extended family members beyond this will be required to pay the guest fee. Association members must remain with guest(s) at all times. Large groups of guests or family members need to be registered as a group or party (see birthday/group section).
- Residents can register their non-resident nanny or babysitters with a pool manager. If non-resident child care is accompanying the parents with the children a guest fee is paid. If non-resident child care worker is bringing the children alone (in place of the parents), they are allowed entry under the family pass, as long as they are registered. Resident can register the name of the sitter or nanny with the pool manager and provide an emergency contact number (cell phone). Please register them early in the season.
- At the Pool Manager’s discretion, guests may be refused admission if the facility is close to capacity.
- Parking of automobiles is permitted in the parking area only. Automobiles shall not be parked in the fireman/approach circle or in front of neighboring driveways. The Association is not responsible for the theft or damage to automobiles in the parking lot.
- Smoking is not permitted in the bathhouse, pool area or on the pool deck. Smoking is permitted in the grassy area next to the equipment shed on the west side of the facility or on the south east side of the facility in the grass by the gate. Please be considerate of others. The Pool Manager reserves the right to ask for members/guest(s) to refrain from smoking in the designated smoking area when circumstances warrant.
- Food should remain at the picnic tables or chairs. By State of Illinois Pool Code, please keep food or drink (excluding water) away from the edge, or in the pool.
- By State of Illinois Pool Code, no glass of any kind is allowed in the pool area. Pool manager reserves the right to inspect coolers and ask members or guest(s) to remove any glass they may have.
- Any notices, signs, decorations or pictures may be posted in the bathhouse or deck area with the approval of the Board and/or Pool Manager.
- Gas grills are available for use by all members. Please be safe and considerate when using grills by cleaning and burning them off so others may enjoy them. If a grill is not operating properly, please inform a manager. Pool staff will provide members/gust(s) with propane and grill tools upon request.
- By State of Illinois Pool Code any person having a contagious disease, infection, or open wound can be refused admission to the pool.
- Proper swimwear is required, please do not wear cut-offs or shorts.
- Spitting, spouting water from the mouth or blowing the nose in the water is discouraged.
- Infant children who are not reliably toilet trained must wear a diaper covered by plastic pants or waterproof diapers before entering the pools. If your child defecates or vomits in the pool or on the pool deck please notify the staff immediately so they can implement clean up protocols. The pool will close for a minimum of 30 minutes when bodily debris needs to be removed from the pool.
- Swimmers must be able to swim one length of the pool with out stopping, touching or being assisted before being allowed to swim in the deep area. If the guards are in doubt, any swimmer may be asked to swim the length. If a swimmer cannot pass the test, they will not be allowed in the deeper areas of the pool. Non-swimmers are strongly encouraged to wear a US Coast Guard approved flotation device. In addition to that parents, guardians, baby sitters or nannies are required to be with in an arms reach of any non-swimming child they are responsible for. Any non-swimming children who are not being directly supervised by a responsible guardian, will be asked to exit the water and remain out of the water until properly supervised.
- Glass containers are prohibited anywhere in the pool area.
- No one will be permitted in the pool unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- Please walk at all times within the facility.
- For safety reasons playing catch is allowed in the grass areas only, and “roof ball” is not allowed. Catch may be played in the pool with “soft” pool appropriate balls or water polo balls. On busy days or if the throwing is out of control, the pool staff may ask for the throwing to cease . Please do not bring tennis balls into the water. Softer balls are available in the pool office.
- The diving area is for diving from the board only. Divers should dive straight off the end of the board and exit the are immediately. Pool staff may elect to close the diving boards for open swimming in the well. This decision is strictly at the discretion of the pool staff and may be affected by attendance and or weather.
- For safety no passing on the board, doing handstands, hanging by the hands, springing from a sitting position or bouncing more than once. No backwards, inwards, gainers or butt dives are allowed.
- Inflatable raft type pool toys are allowed at the pool staffs discretion, Pool staff may ask you to refrain from using them on busy days so they are able to clearly view the booth of the pool for safety reasons.
- US Coast Guard approved flotation devices are recommended at all times for weak or non-swimmers.
- The baby pool is for our toddler aged swimmers with parents and siblings. Swimmers must be accompanied by a parent and actively supervised at all times. The are remains locked if no-one is using it. Please see a pool manager to have it unlocked and staffed.
BIRTHDAY PARTIES, PRIVATE RENTALS AND GROUP USAGE
Note: Please complete the Google Form to begin the process of reserving a time.
- Subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and as determined by the Pool Manager, members of the Association may use limited portions of the pool deck or grassy areas for small parties (30 or less), such as birthday, graduation, scouting and other youth/family parties (requests for larger parties must be made to the Vice President of Pool Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org).
For safety and overcrowding reasons no more than 2 parties will be held at the same time.
Pool parties must be coordinated with the Pool Manager or Part Coordinator by submitting the google form, at least fourteen (14) days in advance of the desired date. The form is available and submitted on line through the Hobson West website.
- The Pool Manager reserves the right to decline or limit a pool party request to the extent anticipated crowd or other conditions may warrant.
- Please note, that parties may may be cancelled or shortened at the managers discretion due to inclement weather. Normal pool rules in these situations apply, excluding cool temperatures.
- The pool facilities may be rented by Association members on Friday and Saturday nights from 9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. at a $250 minimum rate. In addition an hourly rate will be determined by the number of guests. These rentals must be coordinated in advance with the Pool Manager and are let on a first come first served basis. Reservations may not be held without a full deposit one week in advance. No exceptions.
- Use of the PA system and any other music played over an amplification device must be turned off by 9:45 pm per our City of Naperville Noise Permit.
UNAUTHORIZED USE OR ENTRY TO THE POOL FACILITIES
The pool facilities are to be used only by members of the Association in good standing, during regular operating hours, with proper supervision. Unauthorized use of the facilities, that is, the unsupervised use by unauthorized persons after regular operating hours, is not only unsafe but also in violations of the City Trespassing Ordinance and State Law. Situations of this nature are clearly not in the best interests of the Association, will not be tolerated, and will be dealt with severely. Members of the Association that are made aware of unauthorized use of entry to the pool facilities are requested to report same to the Naperville Police Department or officers of the Association.
State of Illinois Pool Regulations
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Admission to the pool shall be refused to all persons having any contagious disease; any infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges; or any other condition that has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages or other bandages of any kind also shall be refused admittance.
- A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted in the pool area.
- The pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Littering is prohibited. In addition, no food, drink, gum or tobacco is allowed in other than specially designated and controlled sections of the pool area.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool area.
- Personal conduct within the pool facility must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. No running or boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports, is permitted.
- Only clean footwear, baby strollers or wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area or bathhouse.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the pool is not permitted.
- Glass, soap or other material that might create hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient operation of the swimming pool shall not be permitted in the swimming pool or on the pool deck.
- All apparel worn in the pool shall be clean.
- All children who are not toilet-trained shall wear tight fitting rubber or plastic pants.
- Diving in water less than 5 feet deep is not permitted except when allowed for competitive swimming and training.
- Caution shall be exercised in the use of diving facilities.
- Swimming is prohibited at outdoor swimming pools when lightning is present, including a 15-minute period after the last lightning is observed.
- If present, lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies. Parents or guardians should supervise their children.
No one should swim alone.
- The pool management has the authority to implement and enforce rules that are more stringent or that supplement those listed here.
PLEASE NOTE: IN MANY CASES THE ASSOCIATION POOL RULES COMPLIMENT AND ENHANCE THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT REGULATIONS.