The 2019 summer season is fast approaching! Registration is beginning May 1st. Jonathan Diamond, from Five Star Tennis Center will be our “Coach” again this year.
As is the past, lesson times will coordinate with swim team times, giving our youth the opportunity to be involved in both activities, if desired. This means that tennis lessons are grouped by age, not necessarily “ability” levels. Coach Jonathan will be using the USTA guidelines for teaching. Within each group, he will do his best to group those of similar play ability together within that group. We will do our best to be sure that our kids have the best experience possible.
Some age groups may be larger than others and we may need to adjust times, if necessary, but will work with everyone to avoid conflicts.
- Registration will begin with Hobson West Residents, followed by Non-resident Pool/swim team members and then Non-residents, in that order.
- This year we will be running TWO sessions: (sign up for one or both sessions)
SESSION 1: Monday, June 10- Friday, June 28 (3 weeks)
SESSION 2: Monday, July 8 – Friday, August 2 (4 weeks)
There will be NO SCHEDULED LESSONS the week of the 4th of July holiday. Instead, some days this week MAY be used for makeups, if needed.
- Class size MAY be limited if necessary. We will work on making adjustments for age groups that may have more than 14 per class choice. It is helpful that some people are flexible on days of the week, in case too many are choosing the same option.
- Registration options are M/W or T/Th. This gives the best opportunity for all to participate. * As in the past, IF space allows, we will be able to open it up to all four days, but it may not be possible for every age group. *
- Lesson MAKE-UPS
We will NOT have any make-up lessons for an absence due to personal reasons. (i.e. No-shows, other commitments or conflicts, etc.) Make up lessons will be for weather related delay or cancellations ONLY, (unless discussed with Director, Diane Bates) and at the time that Coach Jonathan assigns. (Do not come to another class session for make-up unless arranged with Coach ahead of time.) Weather issues may require some classes to be postponed on any given day, and not the other classes. When possible, make-ups may be done later the same day or on Friday. There will be notification at the time of cancellation as to what your class will be doing. Planned vacation absences can be made up, but ONLY by informing us ahead of time. Please let Diane Bates know your vacation schedule, if known, on your registration forms.
- DON’T FORGET — we have a TWITTER account! This is where Coach will notify of any weather associated delays or class changes. (The pool may not have the information)
Follow on TWITTER: @Hobson_West or find the feed on the Hobson West homepage.
We are looking forward to another successful, fun-filled season!!
Contact Diane Bates with questions, concerns, comments. 630-248-9820