Greetings Hobson West residents.
We are getting close! Hopefully, our court resurfacing will be completed by the end of this week and we can start lessons Monday, July 6th and end the session August 7th. All of our classes are almost full. Anyone still wanting to sign up, please contact me and I will see if we have a spot available.
By signing up for any Tennis Lessons 2020, you agree to the following:
“As a resident of Hobson West, I acknowledge and agree on behalf of myself and family (defined in Phase 3 as adults and children currently residing in the home), that Hobson West Swim and Tennis Club has taken reasonable steps to minimize the spread of COVID-19 at its premises, including the pool, tennis courts and surrounding areas (the “Club Facilities”), in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines. By entrance or use of the Club Facilities, I and my family agree to abide by the COVID-19 Guidelines for Members for All Phases and directions provided by the Hobson West HOA Board and staff. Notwithstanding the foregoing, I acknowledge and agree that Hobson West Swim and Tennis Club cannot eliminate the spread of disease or illness, including COVD-19. Accordingly, I hereby assume all risk associated with the contraction of COVID-19 in exchange for access to the Club Facilities.”
Some details about how we will be doing things this year:
- Limited to 8 kids per class
- Participants will have their temperatures checked by pool staff at the desk before entering.If you show signs of fever or illness you will not be all allowed to participate according to IDPH rules. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class time to do this. Adhere to social distancing while waiting for your temperature check and wear a mask.
- Maintain 6 ft. distancing while on courts.
- Instructor will advise how to handle tennis balls during lesson time, and any other adjustments due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Must wear mask. (Hopefully the kids are getting used to this.) If this changes, I will advise instructor.
- No sharing of racket among non-family players
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Locker rooms/bathrooms will not be available for use for tennis participants.
- Bring WATER bottle. Other types of drinks are not allowed ON the courts.
All other court rules still apply. (proper shoes, no food, etc.)
*If lessons are canceled due to weather, make-ups will still be on Friday. If more than one day of the week is canceled, we may have to do some make-ups on the next Friday.
*This year we CAN NOT just go to a different day’s class for a make-up, due to the limitations for number of people on the courts. In other words, there will NOT be make-ups for absences.
*If you have not turned in a REGISTRATION FORM (Just use the 2019 form and fill out the top portion.) and/or a WAIVER FORM, please get those to me ASAP.
TIMES and FEES
If we have a full, five-week session, these are the fees:
Ages 4-6 (9-9:30am) M/W or T/Th $75.00
Ages 7-8 (9:30-10 am) M/W or T/Th $75.00
Ages 9-10 (11am-Noon) M/W or T/Th $150.00
Ages 11-12+ (10-11am) M/W or T/Th $150.00
** If you have talked to me, and are doing all four days/week, please just double the fee.I do not want payment yet, just in case we need to adjust if the courts are not completed when expected.
Instead, I will update later this week, and then PLEASE BRING A CHECK TO YOUR FIRST LESSON.
UPDATES for COVID-19 associated regulations will also be posted as needed.
2019 Hobson West Tennis Registration Form
Hobson West Tennis Waiver Form
I hope that you are doing well during this difficult time. We are all hoping that things will turn around very soon!
I wanted to give everyone an update for our 2020 Tennis Lessons. Obviously, we are waiting for everyone to be given the green light to start opening up our businesses and community. We do not know exactly when that will be, or how quickly it will be done. We will be waiting for updates from IDPH and the Governor as to when our HW programs may get the approval to move forward.
I am fairly sure that we will NOT be running our normal summer schedule for tennis. I am thinking that we may be able to get in a few weeks, possibly starting in July. The HW HOA Board will continue discussions for timeline.
Depending on the restrictions that may be in place as we start to “open up”, we may have to limit the number of kids per age group. This may not be an issue, depending on the number signing up. I will, as always, give preference to residents before others for registration.
What I would like to do is ask those interested to mail/drop off registrations to me, WITHOUT PAYMENT. (Until I know what kind of schedule we may have, I will not know the total charges. The per hr. rates will not change). Just use the registration and waiver forms that are on our website from last year. Fill in the name, age, phone,etc. at the top, and what days would be preferred, M/W or T/TH. Don’t fill in any $$ amounts at the bottom. I will date the registrations as I received them. I want to have this information, so that if we are able to run at least one session I will have a head start to get organized. I will then let everyone know what the charges will be when dates for lessons are determined.
Also, we will have Coach Jonathan with us again! Please share this info and let me know if you have questions.
The 2019 summer season is fast approaching! Registration is beginning May 1st. Jonathan Diamond, from Five Star Tennis Center will be our “Coach” again this year.
As is the past, lesson times will coordinate with swim team times, giving our youth the opportunity to be involved in both activities, if desired. This means that tennis lessons are grouped by age, not necessarily “ability” levels. Coach Jonathan will be using the USTA guidelines for teaching. Within each group, he will do his best to group those of similar play ability together within that group. We will do our best to be sure that our kids have the best experience possible.
Some age groups may be larger than others and we may need to adjust times, if necessary, but will work with everyone to avoid conflicts.
- Registration will begin with Hobson West Residents, followed by Non-resident Pool/swim team members and then Non-residents, in that order.
- This year we will be running TWO sessions: (sign up for one or both sessions)
SESSION 1: Monday, June 10- Friday, June 28 (3 weeks)
SESSION 2: Monday, July 8 – Friday, August 2 (4 weeks)
There will be NO SCHEDULED LESSONS the week of the 4th of July holiday. Instead, some days this week MAY be used for makeups, if needed.
- Class size MAY be limited if necessary. We will work on making adjustments for age groups that may have more than 14 per class choice. It is helpful that some people are flexible on days of the week, in case too many are choosing the same option.
- Registration options are M/W or T/Th. This gives the best opportunity for all to participate. * As in the past, IF space allows, we will be able to open it up to all four days, but it may not be possible for every age group. *
- Lesson MAKE-UPS
We will NOT have any make-up lessons for an absence due to personal reasons. (i.e. No-shows, other commitments or conflicts, etc.) Make up lessons will be for weather related delay or cancellations ONLY, (unless discussed with Director, Diane Bates) and at the time that Coach Jonathan assigns. (Do not come to another class session for make-up unless arranged with Coach ahead of time.) Weather issues may require some classes to be postponed on any given day, and not the other classes. When possible, make-ups may be done later the same day or on Friday. There will be notification at the time of cancellation as to what your class will be doing. Planned vacation absences can be made up, but ONLY by informing us ahead of time. Please let Diane Bates know your vacation schedule, if known, on your registration forms.
- DON’T FORGET — we have a TWITTER account! This is where Coach will notify of any weather associated delays or class changes. (The pool may not have the information)Follow on TWITTER: @Hobson_West or find the feed on the Hobson West homepage.
We are looking forward to another successful, fun-filled season!!
Contact Diane Bates with questions, concerns, comments. 630-248-9820