Naperville Subdivision Summer Water Polo League
Teams will consist of coed boys and girls that have not yet entered high school. Age group athletes will compete in two divisions: 14 & Under and 11 & Under. Teams should generally be comprised of athletes from their own subdivision. Combination with one other pool is possible with League permission. Recruiting selective athletes is strongly discouraged. U11 athletes maybe allowed to play in U14 division at coach’s discretion but no 12 & older will be allowed to play in U11 Division. Eligible U11 athletes must be under 11 yrs old before May 31 (mirrors the NPD Swim Conference). Eligible U14 athletes must be 14 yrs old or under on January 1. Any exceptions must be petitioned to the NSSWPL Coordinators.
We will follow all current USWP rules (see www.usawaterpolo.com) with the following exceptions:
- U14 Quarters will be 5 minutes in length (stop/start)
- U11 Quarters will be 5 min. running time with stop/start in the last minute of each quarter
- Each team will be allowed two timeouts per game. One timeout in overtime.
- No goggles or jewelry / bands will be allowed during competitions
- Overtime will be used only during Championship games.
- Forfeits will result if ineligible players are used.
- Any Brutality or Unsportsmanship foul is cause for expulsion from League play and the “Naperville Cup”.
- All scores are final. The referee’s authority in each game is final.