Pool Schedule and Rules
(Including Health Department Regulations)
- The pool opens the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Partial operations will be in effect until School District 203 releases for the summer break. Partial will go back into effect when School District 203 returns to school in the fall. The pool will close for the season Labor Day weekend.
- Pool Hours:
9:00am t0 12:30 Baby Pool Only Monday through Friday Noon to 12:30pm Open/Adult Lap Swim* 12:30pm to 6:00pm Open Swim 6:00pm to 7:00pm Open/Adult Lap Swim* 7:00pm to 9:00pm Open Swim Saturdays 11:00am to 12:00pm Adult Swim* 12:00pm to 9:00pm Open Swim Sundays & Holidays 11:00am to 12:00pm Adult Swim* 12:00pm to 9:00pm Open Swim Partial Operations – Please note weekend times remain the same as normal 4:00pm to 8:00pm Open Swim
*Open/Adult Swim – 2 to 3 lap lanes reserved for adult swim with the diving well closed. The roped off shallow area of the pool is open for all ages, and the baby pool is open for toddlers and their parents.
* Adult Swim – Swimmers under 18 years of age will not be permitted at the facility during this period.
** On some Wednesday evenings through mid-July, pool will close at 8:00 PM due to water polo practice, please check the calendar for exact dates.
- The pool will be closed one (1) hour prior to swim meets, water polo contests, and other posted special events and will re-open no later than 1 hour after when applicable. Closings will be posted approximatley one (1) week in advance. Please check posted signs or online calendar.
- The pool will be closed for swimming on any day that the air temperature is 65 degrees or below. The temperature will be re-checked at 3:30 p.m. if the temperature is 65 degrees or higher, the pool will be opened for the evening swim. The Pool Manager, at their discretion, may close the pool if the weather conditions make it unsafe for swimming. These conditions would include National Weather Service Thunderstorm Warnings, heavy rain that obscures the bottom of the pool and Tornado Watches or Warning. Please note that on cool or rainy days the pool may close due to low attendance. In these conditions, if attendance is less than 4 people for a period of 1 hour, the facility will close.
- Per State of Illinois Pool Code, the facility will close any time the mechanical systems are not functioning properly.
- The baby pool will be available for parental supervised use during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (Monday through Friday only). This 10:00 to 12:00 baby pool program will be available as long as sufficient participation justifies continuation. Baby pool is not open during swim meets. The baby pool will remain locked during these times if no-one is using it. Please ask the staff to unlock the area if necessary.
HOBSON WEST ASSOCIATION REGULATIONS
- Members and guests are expected to comply with the established association, facility and State of Illinois rules and regulations. These rules have been established to ensure safe and orderly operation of the pool.
- The pool staff is responsible for the enforcement of these rules and regulations. The Pool Manager is authorized to establish rules to mitigate immediate situations and take disciplinary actions when and if necessary.
- Employees of the Association should not be interfered with or reprimanded by members of the Association. Complaints or suggestions should be directed to the pool manager in person or at email@example.com or the Board Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members and guests use the Club at their own risk. The Association is not responsible for the destruction, theft, loss or damage to the property of any member or guest. This includes any property put into a locker room locker or bicycles parked in the parking lot.
- Members will be responsible for the cost associated with any property of the Club that is intentionally vandalized or damaged by a member or their guest.
- Admission to the facility will be permitted if the guest entering is on file and in good standing by paying in full the annual Hobson West Community Association assessment, or as a guest a member in good standing. All guests must sign in at the front desk of the pool, with their member present. Guests will not be allowed to enter if the member is not present. The staff member at the desk shall be provided with a list of all members to ensure only authorized use of the pool. Staff will also periodically check the tennis courts to ensure patrons are members or authorized guests and have registered at the pool office.
- Members and guests are expected to conduct themselves in a respectable manner. Inappropriate language, disorderly conduct, abusive behavior to staff, or public intoxication will result in immediate removal for the day. Further action may be taken that results in temporary or permanent loss of access to the facility.
- Disregard for Pool Rules will result in verbal warnings and/or temporary removal from activity. Further disregard will result in removal from the facility for the day. Any patrons who are 18 or under will have their parents contacted and made aware of their behavior. All penalties are enforced at the discretion of the pool staff and/or pool manager.
- Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible person (sibling, guardian, sitter), at least 15 years old, at all times.
- All swimmers under the age of 18 will be cleared from the pool for adult swim at the :45 of each hour.
- Unlocked lockers will be provided for the general daily use of the members. Members may use their own lock if they so desire.
- Guest Fees are:
- Children under the age of 2 are freeAll fees will be collected at the front desk. At this time, guests must sign guest log along with inviting Association Member who must remain on the pool property with the guest at all times. No guests will be admitted without Association member.
- Guest Fees will be waived as long as parents or grandparents remain at the pool with their adult children or grandchildren.
- A $50 seasonal fee will be charged to Hobson West Residents who employ nannies, caregivers, or babysitters that use the pool. The resident must notify the pool manager of the names of the employee and children being supervised and provide an emergency contact number (cell phone).
- Each Hobson West Community Association property in good standing is allowed up to 15 guests per season with any single guest not exceeding 10 visits maximum. Any exception to this must be approved by the Pool Manager.
- At the Pool Manager’s discretion, guests may be refused admission if the facility is too crowded.
- Parking of automobiles is permitted in the parking area only. Automobiles shall not be parked on driveways or near the entrance to the Clubhouse. The Association disclaims liability for the theft or damage to the automobile.
- Dogs, cats or other pets are not permitted in the Clubhouse or on the pool grounds.
- No smoking is permitted in the bathhouse, pool area or anywhere on the pool deck. No exceptions. Smoking is permitted in the designated area only, which is the grassy area directly adjacent to the equipment shed. Please be considerate of others. The Pool Manager reserves the right to suspend smoking privileges in the designated smoking area when weather, crowd or other conditions or circumstances warrant the same.
- Do not eat, drink or chew gum in the pool area. Eating is further limited to the designated refreshment area, the grassy areas and that portion of the pool deck below the pergola. All refuse must be placed in the containers provided. The Pool Manager reserves the right to further restrict the locations where food and drink may be consumed when appropriate or necessary.
- No notice, sign, decoration or pictures shall be posted any place in the Clubhouse or deck area without the specific approval of the Pool Manager.
- Gas grill is available for use by all members. See Pool Manager for details on checking out propane tank for use with grill.
- Any person having a contagious disease, infection, or open wound should report to the Pool Manager for admission to the pool.
- Wearing apparel, other than proper swimwear, will not be allowed in the pool. No cut-offs or shorts of any kind.
- Spitting, spouting water from the mouth or blowing the nose in the water is forbidden.
- Infant children who are not reliably toilet trained must wear a diaper covered by plastic pants or waterproof diapers before entering the large or baby pool.
- Swimmers must be able to swim one strong length of the pool before being allowed to swim in the deep area. If the guards are in doubt, any swimmer may be asked to swim the length. The guard’s decision will not be questioned.
- Glass containers are prohibited anywhere in the pool area.
- No one will be permitted in the pool unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- There will be no running or unauthorized ball games in the pool area. For safety reasons no tennis balls allowed.
- The diving area is strictly for diving from the board. Diving board rules are posted on the south fence. These rules will be enforced!
- Passing on the board, diving or jumping on the edge, doing handstands, hanging by the hands, springing from a sitting position or bouncing more than once is prohibited. No inwards, no gainers allowed.
- No swim aids are allowed in the pool unless for the purposes of learning how to swim, with parent supervision and the expressed permission of the Pool Manager. In that case, parents must be in the water at arm length from the child or it will be necessary for the child to get out of the water immediately.
- Baby pool rules are posted in the baby pool area. These rules will be enforced.
Note: Please complete the Hobson West Pool Party Form and submit it to the pool office to submit your written request for a pool party.
- Subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and as determined by the Pool Manager, members of the Association may use limited portions of the pool deck or grassy areas for small parties (25 or less), such as birthday, graduation, scouting and other youth/family parties (requests for larger parties must be made to the Vice President of Pool Operations at email@example.com.
For safety reasons no more than 3 parties will be held at the same time.
Pool parties must be coordinated with the Pool Manager by submitting a written request, at least fourteen (14) days in advance of the desired date, to the Pool Manager directly, or to the Vice President of Pool Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the pool party form for this request.
- Each written request must include; (a) the type of party requested to be held (i.e., birthday, boy scout etc.); (b) the requested time frame; and (c) anticipated number of party attendees, including the anticipated number of non-resident guests. If the request is approved, the member must pay a non-resident guest fee deposit equal to 50% of the total applicable non-resident guest fees in advance of the requested party. Payment should be by check made payable to the Hobson West Community Association. Pool staff will log all non-resident guests attending the party, and the member requesting the party will be billed for non-resident guest charges which exceed the deposit.
- The Pool Manager reserves the right to decline or limit a pool party request to the extent anticipated crowd or other conditions may warrant.
- The pool facilities may be rented by Association members on Friday and Saturday nights from 9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. at a $250 minimum rate. In addition an hourly rate will be determined by the number of guests. These rentals must be coordinated in advance with the Pool Manager and are let on a first come first served basis. Reservations may not be held without a full deposit one week in advance. No exceptions.
UNAUTHORIZED USE OR ENTRY TO THE POOL FACILITIES
The pool facilities are to be used only by members of the Association in good standing, during regular operating hours, with proper supervision. Unauthorized use of the facilities, that is, the unsupervised use by unauthorized persons after regular operating hours, is not only unsafe but also in violations of the City Trespassing Ordinance and State Law. Situations of this nature are clearly not in the best interests of the Association, will not be tolerated, and will be dealt with severely. Members of the Association that are made aware of unauthorized use of entry to the pool facilities are requested to report same to the Naperville Police Department or officers of the Association.
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Admission to the pool shall be refused to all persons having any contagious disease; any infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges; or any other condition that has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages or other bandages of any kind also shall be refused admittance.
- A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted in the pool area.
- The pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Littering is prohibited. In addition, no food, drink, gum or tobacco is allowed in other than specially designated and controlled sections of the pool area.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool area.
- Personal conduct within the pool facility must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. No running or boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports, is permitted.
- Only clean footwear, baby strollers or wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area or bathhouse.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the pool is not permitted.
- Glass, soap or other material that might create hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient operation of the swimming pool shall not be permitted in the swimming pool or on the pool deck.
- All apparel worn in the pool shall be clean.
- All children who are not toilet-trained shall wear tight fitting rubber or plastic pants.
- Diving in water less than 5 feet deep is not permitted except when allowed for competitive swimming and training.
- Caution shall be exercised in the use of diving facilities.
- Swimming is prohibited at outdoor swimming pools when lightning is present, including a 15-minute period after the last lightning is observed.
- If present, lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies. Parents or guardians should supervise their children.
No one should swim alone.
- The pool management has the authority to implement and enforce rules that are more stringent or that supplement those listed here.
ATTENTION HOBSON WEST ASSOCIATION MEMBERS AND GUESTS:
PLEASE NOTE THAT TO THE EXTENT THE ASSOCIATION POOL RULES ARE MORE STRINGENT THAN THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT REGULATIONS LISTED ABOVE, THE ASSOCIATION RULES WILL CONTROL AND HAVE PRECEDENCE