Pool Schedule and Rules
(Including Health Department Regulations)
- The pool will be open beginning Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Partial operations will be in effect until school closes for the summer. The pool will close for the season Labor Day weekend.
- Pool Hours:
Monday through Friday Noon to 12:30pm Open/Adult Swim* 12:30pm to 6:00pm Open Swim 6:00pm to 7:00pm Open/Adult Swim* 7:00pm to 9:00pm Open Swim Saturdays 11:00am to 12:00pm Adult Swim* 12:00pm to 6:00pm Open Swim 6:00pm to 7:00pm Open/Adult Swim* 7:00pm to 9:00pm Open Swim Sundays & Holidays 11:00am to 12:00pm Adult Swim* 12:00pm to 9:00pm Open Swim Partial Operations 4:00pm to 8:00pm Open Swim
*Open/Adult Swim – 2 to 3 lap lanes reserved for Adult Swim with the diving well closed and the remainder of the pool is Open Swim for all ages.
* Adult Swim – Swimmers under 18 years of age will not be permitted at the facility during this period.
** On Wednesday evenings through July, pool will close at 8:00 PM due to water polo practice.
- The pool will be closed one (1) hour prior to swim team / water polo meets. Such closings will be posted one (1) week in advance. Please check the bulletin board. Events and closings will also be posted and on the Hobson West web site.
- Notification and closing time of the pool for swim team / water polo sponsored parties and events will be posted one (1) week in advance. On Saturdays, pool will re-open 1 hour after the meet ends.
- The pool will be closed for swimming on any day that the 10:00 a.m. air temperature is less than 65 degrees. The temperature will be checked at 4:00 p.m. and if the temperature is 65 degrees or higher, the pool will be opened for the evening swim. However, the Pool Manager, at his/her discretion, may close the pool if the weather conditions make it unsafe for swimming. These conditions would include National Weather Service Thunderstorm Warnings and Tornado Watches or Warning. Reasons for pool closing will be posted in the office window.
- The pool will close at any time the mechanical systems are not functioning properly.
- The baby pool will be available for parental supervised use during the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (Monday through Friday only) and during swim lessons. All other pool facilities will operate in accordance with the above schedule. This 10:00 to 12:00 baby pool program will be available as long as sufficient participation justifies continuation.
- Unless otherwise stated, the baby pool will be closed during designated adult swim hours and swim meets.
- All members and guests are expected to comply with the established rules and regulations. These rules have been established to ensure safe and orderly operation of the pool and thereby ensure that all will receive the greatest benefits of the use of the facility.
- The pool management and staff are responsible for the enforcement of these rules and regulations. The Pool Manager is authorized to establish temporary rules to deal with immediate situations and take disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Employees of the Association should not be interfered with or reprimanded by members of the Association. Complaints or suggestions should be directed to Susan Kursar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members and guests use the Club at their own risk. The Association is not responsible for the destruction, theft, loss or damage to the property of any member or guest. This includes any property put into a locker room locker or bicycles parked in the parking lot.
- The member shall pay for any property of the Club that becomes broken or damaged by a member or his guest.
- Admission to the Club’s facilities will be permitted only if the person entering is on file as a member in good standing and has paid in full the annual Hobson West Community Association assessment, or as a guest of such a member. All guests entering must sign in at the front desk of the pool. The guard at the desk shall be provided with a list of all members to ensure only authorized use of the pool. Guards will also periodically check the tennis courts to ensure those people playing are members or authorized guests and have registered at the club office.
- Members and guests are expected to conduct themselves in a respectable manner. Profane or abusive language, disorderly or hazardous conduct will not be tolerated. Members may be asked to leave and privileges suspended.
- Discipline for violation of Pool Rules will be a verbal warning for the first offense, the a ten (10) minute loss of swimming privileges for the second, and suspension form the pool area for any further violations or at Manager’s discretion.
- Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible person, at least 16 years old, subject to approval of the pool staff, at all times. Only the Pool Manger may grant discretion.
- All swimmers under the age of 18 will be subject to an enforced rest period every hour.
- Unlocked lockers will be provided for the general daily use of the members. Members may use their own lock if they so desire.
- Guest Fees are:
Weekend and Holiday Fee
$4.00Note: Children under the age of 2 are freeAll fees will be collected at the front desk. At this time, guests must sign guest log along with inviting Association Member who must remain on the pool property with the guest at all times. No guests will be admitted without Association member.
- Guest Fees will be waived as long as parents or grandparents remain at the pool with their adult children or grandchildren.
- A $50 seasonal fee will be charged to Hobson West Residents who employ nannies, caregivers, or babysitters that use the pool. The resident must notify the pool manager of the names of the employee and children being supervised and provide an emergency contact number (cell phone).
- Each Hobson West Community Association property in good standing is allowed up to 15 guests per season with any single guest not exceeding 10 visits maximum. Any exception to this must be approved by the Pool Manager.
- At the Pool Manager’s discretion, guests may be refused admission if the facility is too crowded.
- Parking of automobiles is permitted in the parking area only. Automobiles shall not be parked on driveways or near the entrance to the Clubhouse. The Association disclaims liability for the theft or damage to the automobile.
- Dogs, cats or other pets are not permitted in the Clubhouse or on the pool grounds.
- No smoking is permitted in the bathhouse, pool area or anywhere on the pool deck. No exceptions. Smoking is permitted in the designated area only, which is the grassy area directly adjacent to the equipment shed. Please be considerate of others. The Pool Manager reserves the right to suspend smoking privileges in the designated smoking area when weather, crowd or other conditions or circumstances warrant the same.
- Do not eat, drink or chew gum in the pool area. Eating is further limited to the designated refreshment area, the grassy areas and that portion of the pool deck below the pergola. All refuse must be placed in the containers provided. The Pool Manager reserves the right to further restrict the locations where food and drink may be consumed when appropriate or necessary.
- No notice, sign, decoration or pictures shall be posted any place in the Clubhouse or deck area without the specific approval of the Pool Manager.
- Gas grill is available for use by all members. See Pool Manager for details on checking out propane tank for use with grill.
- Any person having a contagious disease, infection, or open wound should report to the Pool Manager for admission to the pool.
- Wearing apparel, other than proper swimwear, will not be allowed in the pool. No cut-offs or shorts of any kind.
- Spitting, spouting water from the mouth or blowing the nose in the water is forbidden.
- Infant children who are not reliably toilet trained must wear a diaper covered by plastic pants or waterproof diapers before entering the large or baby pool.
- Swimmers must be able to swim one strong length of the pool before being allowed to swim in the deep area. If the guards are in doubt, any swimmer may be asked to swim the length. The guard’s decision will not be questioned.
- Glass containers are prohibited anywhere in the pool area.
- No one will be permitted in the pool unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- There will be no running or unauthorized ball games in the pool area. For safety reasons no tennis balls allowed.
- The diving area is strictly for diving from the board. Diving board rules are posted on the south fence. These rules will be enforced!
- Passing on the board, diving or jumping on the edge, doing handstands, hanging by the hands, springing from a sitting position or bouncing more than once is prohibited. No inwards, no gainers allowed.
- No swim aids are allowed in the pool unless for the purposes of learning how to swim, with parent supervision and the expressed permission of the Pool Manager. In that case, parents must be in the water at arm length from the child or it will be necessary for the child to get out of the water immediately.
- Baby pool rules are posted in the baby pool area. These rules will be enforced.
Note: Please complete the Hobson West Pool Party Form and submit it to the pool office to submit your written request for a pool party.
- Subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and as determined by the Pool Manager, members of the Association may use limited portions of the pool deck or grassy areas for small parties (25 or less), such as birthday, graduation, scouting and other youth/family parties (requests for larger parties must be made to the Vice President of Pool Operations at email@example.com.
For safety reasons no more than 3 parties will be held at the same time.
Pool parties must be coordinated with the Pool Manager by submitting a written request, at least fourteen (14) days in advance of the desired date, to the Pool Manager directly, or to the Vice President of Pool Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the pool party form for this request.
- Each written request must include; (a) the type of party requested to be held (i.e., birthday, boy scout etc.); (b) the requested time frame; and (c) anticipated number of party attendees, including the anticipated number of non-resident guests. If the request is approved, the member must pay a non-resident guest fee deposit equal to 50% of the total applicable non-resident guest fees in advance of the requested party. Payment should be by check made payable to the Hobson West Community Association. Pool staff will log all non-resident guests attending the party, and the member requesting the party will be billed for non-resident guest charges which exceed the deposit.
- The Pool Manager reserves the right to decline or limit a pool party request to the extent anticipated crowd or other conditions may warrant.
- The pool facilities may be rented by Association members on Friday and Saturday nights from 9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. at a $250 minimum rate. In addition an hourly rate will be determined by the number of guests. These rentals must be coordinated in advance with the Pool Manager and are let on a first come first served basis. Reservations may not be held without a full deposit one week in advance. No exceptions.
UNAUTHORIZED USE OR ENTRY TO THE POOL FACILITIES
The pool facilities are to be used only by members of the Association in good standing, during regular operating hours, with proper supervision. Unauthorized use of the facilities, that is, the unsupervised use by unauthorized persons after regular operating hours, is not only unsafe but also in violations of the City Trespassing Ordinance and State Law. Situations of this nature are clearly not in the best interests of the Association, will not be tolerated, and will be dealt with severely. Members of the Association that are made aware of unauthorized use of entry to the pool facilities are requested to report same to the Naperville Police Department or officers of the Association.
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Admission to the pool shall be refused to all persons having any contagious disease; any infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges; or any other condition that has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages or other bandages of any kind also shall be refused admittance.
- A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted in the pool area.
- The pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Littering is prohibited. In addition, no food, drink, gum or tobacco is allowed in other than specially designated and controlled sections of the pool area.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool area.
- Personal conduct within the pool facility must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. No running or boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports, is permitted.
- Only clean footwear, baby strollers or wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area or bathhouse.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the pool is not permitted.
- Glass, soap or other material that might create hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient operation of the swimming pool shall not be permitted in the swimming pool or on the pool deck.
- All apparel worn in the pool shall be clean.
- All children who are not toilet-trained shall wear tight fitting rubber or plastic pants.
- Diving in water less than 5 feet deep is not permitted except when allowed for competitive swimming and training.
- Caution shall be exercised in the use of diving facilities.
- Swimming is prohibited at outdoor swimming pools when lightning is present, including a 15-minute period after the last lightning is observed.
- If present, lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies. Parents or guardians should supervise their children.
No one should swim alone.
- The pool management has the authority to implement and enforce rules that are more stringent or that supplement those listed here.
ATTENTION HOBSON WEST ASSOCIATION MEMBERS AND GUESTS:
PLEASE NOTE THAT TO THE EXTENT THE ASSOCIATION POOL RULES ARE MORE STRINGENT THAN THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT REGULATIONS LISTED ABOVE, THE ASSOCIATION RULES WILL CONTROL AND HAVE PRECEDENCE